How to clean your Gutters of Debris
When was the last time you cleaned your gutters? Cleaning your gutters regularly is important to ensure proper water drainage away from your home. If gutters aren’t cleaned regularly, they can get clogged with dirt, leaves, and other debris.
Clogged gutters can cause potential water damage to your property if water cannot flow quickly away from your home.
So what is the best way to clean your gutters? Follow the steps below for clean gutters and to keep your property protected:
- Dress for the job! Make sure to wear gloves and eye protection.
- Prepare the work area and ensure you have all the tools in place. You will need the following:
- Garden Hose
- Gutter Scoop
- Eye Wear
- Ladder tall enough to safely reach the gutters
- a small bucket or plastic garbage bag to put the debris in
- plastic tarps to catch any debris and prevent a mess on your lawn
- place the plastic tarps under the gutter area to catch the debris
- Scoop up the debris using the gutter scoop and place the debris in a pail or plastic garbage bag. You can buy a gutter scoop off Amazon or from Home Depot.
- Use a garden hose to flush out the dirt and any remaining debris from the gutters and downspouts. Be careful that you don’t spray any water under the shingles.
- If the gutters are sagging, you can use gutter hangers to fix the sagging.
Share on Social Media: